Friday, February 15, 2013

Shabby Chic at Polka Doodles!!


Hi everyone, how are you? Staying cool (or warm if you're in the Northern Hemisphere!!) We are in the middle of a string of 30 plus degree days so it's reasonably hot. It's 8pm here and still 29 degrees... :) Oh and thunder rolling in the background!! LOL!!
So it's time for a new challenge over at Polka Doodles and our challenge this fortnight is Shabby Chic!  Now I have to be honest and say that I'm not too sure what that means so  hopefully my card is shabby chic!! As always there are some fabulous prizes up for grabs but if you can't wait to see if you won why not head  over to the Polka Doodles store where you can pick up some fantastic digi's both paper and images that you can purchase for awesome prices and download them straight away and start creating with them!!
Well here is my card for the Shabby Chic challenge:

  All the papers, images and the sentiment are from the Studio 12 CD Picknix Collection 1 . I put this all together on the computer and printed off an extra mannequin so that I could give the card a bit of dimension!! I distressed around the edges of the card, then added some buttons, pins and the ribbon which I inked with walnut stain distress ink!! I also added a little rhinestone and a bit of glitter on the blue buttons!! I think it turned out ok but you can be the judge!
Head on over to the Polka Doodles blog to see what the rest of the DT have done!! There is always lots of inspiration to be found over there!!

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, Alethea. Love the mix of digital and real elements.
    Michaela xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful Shabby Chic card Alethea, I love the cute buttons and the design.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi
    Fabulous card...... Love your design......
    Thanks for following me .... Good luck with the Candy.....
    Hugs Sylvie xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!! It's made my day!!