Monday, December 3, 2012

Let it Snow at Craft Your Passion!!

Well it is far from snowing here in Australia but elsewhere in the world it is winter time and that fluffy white stuff will soon be falling from the sky if it hasn't already!! So because of the time of year in the Northern hemisphere our theme this week at Craft Your Passion is Let it Snow!! I'm sure you are all doing plent of snow related creations with christmas fast approaching so why not join us!! We have some fabulous sponsors this week - A Day for Daisies and Robyn's Fetish so head head on over to the CYP blog for all the challenge and prize details!!
I made two cards this challenge - one with a Robyn's Fetish image and one with A Day for Daisies image...
I used Paul Penguin from Robyn's Fetish for this card! I printed him out three times and coloured him up with Tria markers!! I then used some Kaszazz papers from my scraps stash for the layers and added some diecut snowflakes and buttons and the sentiment from Papertrey ink... I also added some rock candy stickles around the cuff of the penguin's hats.

This image is Little Winter Fairy from A Day for Daisies!! I thought she was perfect for this challenge with her dropping flowers while snowing!! I coloured her with Tria markers and added kindyglitz to her wings!! All the papers are from the Kaisercraft Christmas Carnival collection! To finish off the card I added ribbon and a couple of die cut snowflakes and added rhinestones to them!! Then added some kindyglitz to all the pink spots on th papers for a bit of extra bling!!
Head on over to the CYP blog and see what all the girls created!!

7 comments:

  1. brilliant cards - love the penguins! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome cards Leath I love the penguin card. Your colouring ia amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous both of your cards. I like Paul the Penguin three times. It is so colorfull.
    Lovely greetings Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just adore those penguins and the beautiful colours. the fairy is a cutie too.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love, love, love the penguins! Such wonderful primary colors - bright and happy! Well done Alethea!
    ~ginny

    ReplyDelete
  6. These cards are polar opposites (pun intended) but both wonderful. I love the vibrant colours and the playfulness of the penguins. The fairy card is so sweet and pretty. Your colour choices for both as well as your paper choices are spot on.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!! It's made my day!!