Tuesday, December 4, 2012

I Love You This Much!!

Hello, It's my turn to post on the Digi Bell's Blog and I decided to take a break from Christmas cards (mainly because I had no ink in my printer and only had a couple of non christmas Elisabeth Bell digital images already printed out!! I think next year I am going to use as my of my stamped/printed out images as I can before stamping/printing anymore). So I found this small I love You This Much image by Elisabeth Bell printed out and decided to make a Tag (something I have never made before)! And wow, it turned out better than I expected!!
After doing a class with Tim Holtz earlier in the year and watching countless videos and stalking his blog over the years I thought I might put some of his techniques into practice!! So i pulled out my blending tool and a few distress inkpads and got creating!!! I used Spiced marmalade, Mowed lawn and salty ocean distress inks. I randomly blended them onto my tag, then found some shimmer spritz that I've had and not used for ages , sprayed that onto another piece of cardstock (cos i didn't want big blobs on my tag) and pressed this tag on top of it, so that i got the shimmer but the mess!! I then spritzed the tag with water so the colours could blend together!! I dried the tag with my heat gun, then put it aside and coloured one of my favourite Elisabeth Bell Digital images (which you can get from her Digital collection) - I Love You This Much! I coloured her in with tria markers and added some kindyglitz to the middle of the flowers and the dots on her jeans patch! Before I stuck her on to the tag I stamped a flourish on diagonal corners and the sentiment (which is from a stampendous stamp set). I finished it off with the rhinestones, then this morning I decided to add the shrinky dink butterflies  cos I thought it was missing something!! I then just punched a whole in it and added the ribbon!!
For all things Elisabeth Bell why not head on over to her blog where you can find all her digital images and lots more magical things!! And of course there is always inspiration on the Digi Bell's blog so stop by there as well!!
I would like to enter this into the following challenges:
* Crafty Boots - Anything Goes
* Daisy Doodles - Anything Goes
* Totally Stampalicious - Anything but a card
* Live and Love Crafts - Anything but a Card
* Little Miss Muffet - Tags or gifts


9 comments:

  1. Very cute tag! Love all the bright colors! Thanks for joining us at Totally Stampalicoius!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous tag, Alethea! Love the background and the wonderfully-colored image!

    ReplyDelete
  3. fabulous background - i bet you had fun making this! Great tag! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a darling tag!! Love the colors and the sentiment is perfect!! HUGS :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous colours you have used on the tag Alethea. I love this cute image too. I love the added touches to the Tag too.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ow wow, gorgeous tage. I love the image and sentiment.

    Thank you for sharing your work with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

    Dionne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh so pretty tag! Thank you for joining us to Little Miss Muffet challenges. Hugs!
    Nathalie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful tag, I love the background! Thanks for sharing with us at the LLC Anything but a card- challenge. Hugs, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful tag! :) I love the colours and litle girl is very pretty :)

    Thank you for joining at LLC´s December challenge :)

    Hope you had a lovely Christmas and wishing you a happy New Year! :)

    Hugs, Karita

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!! It's made my day!!