Friday, February 4, 2011

First Day of School and a Baby card!!

My baby boy (now 6 ) :-) started his first day of school today!! I thought I was going to get a bit teary eyed when I said goodbye to him but I had such a drama filled morning that it never happened!! Last night I went out to shut my car windows but then forgot to take the keys out of the ignition so 5 hours later the battery had totally drained and so my car wouldn't start!! So thankfully it wasn't raining when I had to take Liam to school this morning so we walked. So we did, but only about 100 steps out of the house and liam was so excited about starting school that he started running and fell over and cut his knee open!! So we had to go back home and patch up his knee, then walk to school!!! I didn't stay at school long, just settled Liam in and left cos he had made some friends and went and played with them.. he was happy so I was happy!! Was excited when I went to pick him up from school to hear how his day was but all he wanted to do was go to a friends house, so off he went.. Finally came home at 5pm and really haven't heard how his day was except that he had a great day!! As long as he was happy and wants to go back that is the main thing!!
Liam's first day of Prep!!

After his fall!!
 Onto my card!! A friend of mine had a baby last month and I only just found out so this is the baby card I made for her!!! Not sure where the paper is from but I've used a magnolia stamp, swiss dots embossing folder, some kindy glitz , rock candy stickles and coloured him in with Aquacrayons and chalks!!


I have entered this card in the following challenges:

* The Sisterhood of Crafters - Anything Goes
* Forgotten Scraps - Anything Goes
* Magnolia Down Under Challenges - Embossing - dry or heat
* Magnolia Stamp Lovers - Glitter (on wings and dots)

Until next time... Enjoy!! xx

11 comments:

  1. Very cute little card......and your little boy is a doll too!!
    Thank you for joining in the fun at MDUC this week.
    hugs, Janiel

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is so cute Alethea your colouring is fantastic and I love how the background paper compliments the whole card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah such a sweet card, Alethea! Love the papers and embossing and such a sweet image!
    Thanks so much for joining us at MDUC!
    Hugs,t

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah Bless! i am glad your little boy is okay and enjoyed school. It doesn't get easier saying bye to them even when they get older. It is always tearful for me and my lads are grown up.Hate goodbye's. Love your baby card. Thank you for the kind words you left on my my blog and thanks for posting it on your sidebar. Well appreciated. Good luck!

    Hope you have a good weekend
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww wow, your card is so sweet!! I love this little baby stamp! Thanks so much for joining in this week at MDUC.
    Hugs
    Karen
    xxxx
    P.S Sorry I'm a little late!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. he is just so adorable, thanks for the shout out for Pixie, good luck with round 5 giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is an adorable card - I didn't know Magnolia had a baby, so cute! Thanks for playing along in the Forgotten Scraps challenge this week. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi hun thank you so much for entering my candy & becoming a follower I really appreciate it. You have a fab blog here with gorgeous creations & I would love to see more so have become a follower. Your son looks fab but awww look at his knee bless him. Love your card its sooo cute & pretty I love the delicate blue.

    Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hiya, thanks for stopping by my blog. I have just had a nosey and your cardds are gorgeous. At least you won't forget first day at school!

    Liz x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable card. Sorry to hear about Liam's knee, hopefully it has healed and is long behind him! Thanks for joining us at MSL and hope to see you again on 02/13 for our pastel challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a sweet card. Thanks for joining us at Forgotten Scraps #2.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!! It's made my day!!